The Housing Counseling program provides one-on-one counseling for families in a variety of areas related to housing needs. The HUD-Certified Housing Counselor offers guidance, referrals, information, and support to families at risk of becoming homeless.
Housing Counseling Services include:
- Pre-Purchase/Home Buying Counseling: Will cover the entire home buying process from beginning to end.
- First Time Home Buyer Workshops
- 8-hour course currently being offered via zoom
- Required credential to access county grant programs for down payment and closing cost assistance
Financial Literacy Counseling:
- Budget Counseling
- Creating a personalized and sustainable budget that will help you achieve your (housing) goals.
- Information on different types of banking services such as checking and savings accounts to help grow wealth and stability.
- Credit Counseling (coming soon)
- Establishing and repairing credit
- Obtaining credit reports
- Avoiding fraud
This program is for residents of DeSoto, Hardee, Manatee and Sarasota counties.