The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation and filing services January through April each year at various sites throughout Manatee County and All Year Round (by appointment) for any individual or household who made less than $73,000 in that tax year.
IRS trained and certified volunteers are available to assist residents whose family income is less than $73,000 with tax preparation and electronic filing.
If you need help in preparing your tax return, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 941-300-2256. We are open all year round to assist you.
The following documents are required to prepare your taxes:
- Social Security cards or ITINs for everyone on the return – NO exceptions
- Government Issued Photo Ids for Taxpayers
- All W-2s, 1099s and other income documents
- Self-Employed and Contract Labor (Out of scope: losses, wages paid out or inventory etc.)
- Proof of Expenses & Mileage, if self-employed
- Form 1095 – A, if you had health insurance through State Marketplace
- Direct Deposit Information – Bank Name, Account & Routing Number
- 2020 Tax Return, preferred
- Form 1098 (mortgage interest, property taxes)
- Form 1098-T or 1098-E
- Name, address and tax ID or Social Security number of any child care provider
- 3rd Stimulus payment of $1400
- Advance Child Tax Credit details