The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax filing services January through April each year at various sites throughout Manatee County and all year round by appointment only. Click here for a list of virtual sites
IRS trained and certified volunteers are available to assist residents whose family income is less than $66,000 with tax preparation. Electronic filing is also available.
To set up an appointment please email email@example.com or call 941.300.2256
The 2021 Tax Filing Season will begin on February 12, 2021. Step Up Suncoast will offer its virtual free tax preparation services for any individual or household who made less than $66,000 in 2020. These services will be available from January 25-April 12, 2021.
Step Up Suncoast has IRS Certified Volunteers able to help prepare your tax return safely and with full security virtually while communicating with you throughout the entire process. There are 3 virtual tax preparation options:
- Step Up Suncoast Website: Download and fill in Form 13614-C and Form 14446 (below), then scan and save all required documents (below), and UPLOAD HERE
- Step Up Suncoast Office Dropbox: Download and fill in Form 13614-C and Form 14446 (below), then make copies of all required documents (below), and place in a sealed envelope marked “TAXES” in the drop box outside Step Up Suncoast office building A, 6428 Parkland Drive, Sarasota, 34243;
- Fax: Download and fill in Form 13615-C and Form 14446 (below), then fax all required documents (below) to 833-499-1886. Be sure to include a cover page with your Name, Phone Number and the number of pages you are faxing.
*Please note, in person appointments may be available ONLY for the elderly and those with limited proficiency in English. Email or call 941.300.2256 for more information.
If you would like to prepare your own taxes for free go to:
Following documents are required to prepare
your taxes by any of the three virtual options:
- Photo copy of Social Security cards or ITINs for everyone on the return – NO exceptions
- Photo copy of State Identification for each person on the return
- All W-2s, 1099s and other income documents
- Self-Employed and Contract Labor (Out of scope, losses or inventory etc.)
- Proof of Expenses, if self-employed
- Form 1095 – A, if you had health insurance from State Marketplace
- Direct Deposit Information – Bank Name, Account & Routing Number
- 2019 Tax Return
- Form 1098 (mortgage interest, property taxes)
- Form 1098-T or 1098-E
- Name, address and tax ID or Social Security
- Number of any child care provider