***We are in need of volunteers for the upcoming tax season.
Become a VITA Volunteer
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation and filing services each year from January through April at various sites throughout Manatee County and All Year Round (by appointment) for any individual or household who made less than $73,000 in that tax year.
IRS trained and certified volunteers will be available to assist in preparing and electronic filing your tax return.
Starting January 23, 2023 the following VITA – Free Tax Assistance Sites will be open in Manatee County:
|Site||Address||Opening Date||Closing Date||Days & Time||Site Operated as|
|Step Up Suncoast||6428 Parkland Dr,
Sarasota, FL 34243
|1/23/2023||4/12/2023||Mon & Wed – 2PM to 6PM
Sat – 9AM to 1PM
|13th Av Dream Center||922 24th St E,
Bradenton, FL 34208
|1/28/2023||4/8/2023||Sat – 9AM to 1PM||Walk-ins only|
|Bayside Community Church||15800 FL-64,
Bradenton, FL 34212
|1/24/2023||4/11/2023||Tues – 1PM to 5PM||By Appointments Only.
For appointments: log into – https://mybayside.church/events/
|Goodwill SR 70 E||8750 State Road 70 East,
Bradenton, FL 34202
|1/25/2023||4/12/2023||Wed – 9AM – 12PM||Walk-ins only|
|Holy Cross Catholic Church||501 26th St West,
Palmetto, FL 34221
|3/12/2023||Sun – 12:30PM to 3:30PM
(2/12, 2/26 & 3/12/2023 ONLY)
In some cases, we will prepare taxes virtually – Intake/Interview & Quality Review will take place on site, Tax Preparation will be done virtually.
Client will then return to the site within a week to collect a copy of their return and sign off on Form 8879 before it’s e-filed to IRS.
The following VITA Forms are required to be filled in by each client:
Form 13614-C (English)
Form 13614-C (Español)
The following documents are required to prepare your taxes:
- Social Security cards or ITINs for everyone on the return – NO exceptions
- Government Issued Photo Ids for Taxpayers
- All W-2s, 1099s and other income documents
- Self-Employed and Contract Labor (Out of scope: losses, wages paid out or inventory etc.)
- Proof of Expenses & Mileage, if self-employed
- Form 1095 – A, if you had health insurance through State Marketplace
- Direct Deposit Information – Bank Name, Account & Routing Number
- 2021 Tax Return, preferred
- Form 1098 (mortgage interest, property taxes)
- Form 1098-T or 1098-E
- Name, address and tax ID or Social Security number of any child care provider
If you would like to prepare your own taxes for free go to the link below or e-mail us at email@example.com to receive link to the free site: