***We are in need of volunteers for the upcoming tax season.
Become a VITA Volunteer
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation and filing services each year from January through April at various sites throughout Manatee County and All Year Round (by appointment) for any individual or household who made less than $73,000 in that tax year.
IRS trained and certified volunteers will be available to assist in preparing and electronic filing your tax return.
If you need assistance to prepare your income tax for free, please email us at email@example.com or call 941 300 2256 to set up an appointment. We would be happy to help.
In some cases, we will prepare taxes virtually – Intake/Interview & Quality Review will take place on site, Tax Preparation will be done virtually.
Client will then return to the site within a week to collect a copy of their return and sign off on Form 8879 before it’s e-filed to IRS.
The following VITA Forms are required to be filled in by each client:
Form 13614-C (English)
Form 13614-C (Español)
The following documents are required to prepare your taxes:
- Social Security cards or ITINs for everyone on the return – NO exceptions
- Government Issued Photo Ids for Taxpayers
- All W-2s, 1099s and other income documents
- Self-Employed and Contract Labor (Out of scope: losses, wages paid out or inventory etc.)
- Proof of Expenses & Mileage, if self-employed
- Form 1095 – A, if you had health insurance through State Marketplace
- Direct Deposit Information – Bank Name, Account & Routing Number
- 2021 Tax Return, preferred
- Form 1098 (mortgage interest, property taxes)
- Form 1098-T or 1098-E
- Name, address and tax ID or Social Security number of any child care provider